File Testing Defects Checklist
The file testing checklist is a very powerful fact-gathering tool used to verify that all needed files are included in the system being tested.
This also verifies that they are properly documented in the operating infrastructure, and that the files connect properly with the software components that need data from those files.
|How to use the following checklist:
1) We record the conditions or observed results by marking a checkmark in either of the 2 – data columns against various check points or defect statements on the checklist.
2) A checkmark in the “Yes” column against an item indicates that the checkpoint or the defect statement is True.
3) A checkmark in the “N/A” column against an item indicates that the checkpoint or the defect statement is not applicable.
4) The checklist can be customized & additional columns like “Comments” etc. may be added which could provide useful assistance during analysis.
Preview of the File Testing Checklist
1) The Art of Software Testing – Myers, Glenford J.
2) Software Testing & Continuous Quality Improvement � W E Lewis