Automated Testing Tool Selection Checklist
It is quite cumbersome to identify a tool that is appropriate for a particular project. There are many considerations that need to be addressed while selecting a tool.
Following checklist offers many thoughtfully designed questions to help the QA managers & team leads in taking a decision to select an automated testing tool.
How to use the following checklist:
1) We record the conditions or observed results by marking a checkmark in either of the 2 – data columns against various check points or defect statements on the checklist.
2) A checkmark in the “Yes” column against an item indicates that the checkpoint or the defect statement is True.
3) A checkmark in the “N/A” column against an item indicates that the checkpoint or the defect statement is not applicable.4) The checklist can be customized & additional columns like “Comments”
etc. may be added which could provide useful assistance during analysis.
Preview of the Automated Testing Tool Selection Checklist
1) The Art of Software Testing – Myers, Glenford J.
2) Software Testing & Continuous Quality Improvement � W E Lewis