Tutorial-11 How to Find List of Installed Patches For QTP 11.0
How to Find List of Installed Patches For QTP 11.0
Do you intend to know what all patches you have installed for QTP in the past? If you answer “Yes”, then read on this QTP article.
In the later part of the article, I will also explain how to uninstall any particular patch without the need for uninstalling QTP.
There are two ways of finding the number of patches installed for QTP.
Method # 1
1. Launch Quicktest Professional.
2. Navigate to Help > About Quicktest Professional from the QTP IDE.
3. Click on the “Click to generate product information” button as shown in the below screen-print
4. An Internet explorer window will be displayed containing nformation regarding all the installed patches.
According to the above screen-print, we have installed QTPWEB_00090.exe patch which supports testing for web applications in Firefox versions 4-8.
Method # 2
This method works even if the QTP is not launched.
1. Navigate to Start > Control Panel in Windows XP machine
2. Open Add or Remove Programs.
3. Click on the �Show Updates� checkbox as shown in the below screen-print and you should see all the patches installed along with HP QTP.
Click on the remove button to uninstall the selected patch and this will uninstall the patch without uninstalling your QTP.
Many More Tutorials on HP QTP 11.0