Let us understand the Software Testing and Environments
Let us try to understand the various types of environments under which software applications operate & are subjected to various types of Testing or Quality assurance related activities.
Environment is a combination of three types of layers like:
1) Presentation Layer.
2) Business Layer.
3) Database Layer.
Types of Environment: There are four types of environments based upon the tier of architecture.
1) Standalone Environment based upon Single Tier Architecture.
2) Client � Server Environment based upon Two Tier Architecture.
3) Web Environment based upon Three Tier Architecture.
4) Distributed Environment based upon N’Tier Architecture.
1) Standalone Environment based upon Single � Tier Architecture: This environment consists of all the three layers i.e. Presentation layer, Business layer and Database layer in a Single tier.
2) Client � Server Environment based upon Two � Tier Architecture: This environment consists of two tiers like; First Tier is for client and the second Tier is for the Database server. Presentation layer and Business layer will be present in each & every client, while the database will be present in the database server.
3) Web Environment based upon Three � Tier Architecture: This environment consists of three tiers wherein the client is located in one tier, application server is located in middle tier and database server is located in the last tier. Every client contains the presentation layer, application server contains the business layer and database server contains the database layer.
4) Distributed Environment: This environment is similar to the Web Environment however the business logic is distributed across the application server in order to distribute the load.