A step-by-step instruction of how to create a simple test case using Record and Playback in Katalon Studio
Katalon Studio allows you to get started with automation testing on web and mobile with minimum efforts and no cost.
Let’s have a look at the following basic steps to get used with the Record & Playback features:
1. Select the New Test Case option on the main toolbar. Name your test case and click OK. As soon as you already named the test case, an empty test case will be generated.
2. Click Record from the toolbar. Then the Record box appears. Click Record to start recording test case.
3. Perform all your steps on the browser. All actions performed on the browser will be recorded.
4. You can stop/pause your recording process by clicking the Stop/Pause button. As soon as the record is completed, click OK to save your record into Katalon Studio.
5. You will be navigated to save captured objects into Object Repository. Then click OK to continue.
6. Katalon will save objects and actions which was captured before and deliver them to the test case.
7. Click the Run button on the main Toolbar to test. You can define the target browser to run the test by choosing from the dropdown list.
Congratulations! Now you can easily build your own automation test using Record and Playback of Katalon Studio.
Note: The description above gives users the instructions of creating and running a test case as a basic level.