You can transform yourself from a Good Tester to an Excellent Manager:
You are the Best Judge of your own Capabilities & Potentials. No one else knows about you more than yourself.
Try to Introspect & Discover yourself the Qualities / Potentials / Experience & Confidence you possess, & honestly try to assess the slot where you deserve to be placed as on date; from where upon you can improve to be an Excellent Manager of tomorrow.
Here are some of the Attributes of a Good Test Engineer:
1) Good test engineer has an attitude “To achieve the Difficult”.
2) Good test engineer functions with strong focus on customer�s point of view.
3) Good test engineer has a unceasing desire to achieve quality.
4) Good test engineer has an attitude to go deeper into the details of everything coming across his way.
5) Good test engineer is tactful and diplomatic in maintaining healthy & cooperative relationship with fellow developers.
6) Good test engineer has good a communication skill, both oral and written and makes good communication with technical as well as other people
7) Good test engineer has some previous experience in software development, which is helpful in providing a better understanding of the process of software development. This enables him to understand & appreciate the point of view of fellow developers which in turn becomes helpful to him in reducing his learning efforts while doing the programming during test automation.
Additional Attributes of a Good QA Engineer:
All the Above-mentioned attributes of a good test engineer are applicable to a QA engineer as well.
1) Good QA engineer is able to understand the entire process of software development as regards its concurrence with the approach & objectives of the organization.
2) Good QA engineer possesses good communication skills along with skills to act after proper understanding of all aspects of the issues coming across his way.
Additional Attributes of a Good QA Test Manager:
1) A Good QA / Test Manager is completely aware of the complexities of the process of software development.
2) A Good QA / Test Manager has an ability to infuse enthusiasm among his team and is able to inculcate a positive & healthy atmosphere.
3) A Good QA / Test Manager has an ability to enhance productivity of his team by promoting a sense of teamwork.
4) A Good QA / Test Manager has an ability to develop an atmosphere of cooperation among his team of Software Test / QA Engineers.
5) A Good QA / Test Manager possesses adequate technical skills of doing improvements in testing & QA processes.
6) A Good QA / Test Manager has the ability to withstand varied type of stresses & strains related to his operations and has courage to say *NO* to fellow colleagues in the event quality is found to be inadequate or there is some sort of failure in maintaining the desired QA processes.
7) A Good QA / Test Manager has good ability to exchange effective communication both with technical as well as commercial personnel.
8) A Good QA / Test Manager has good ability to chair the project meetings and an ability to maintain the focus of such meetings without any digression.
Many More Articles on Qualities of Test Personnel