Qualities of a Manual Test Engineer
Even with test automation, the manual test engineer remains a key role.
Manual test engineer is trained in the test tools so that he can run the automated scripts generated by other team members. This helps a single person or group to run all the tests and verify the results from both the manual and automated tests.
Responsibilities of a Manual Test Engineer are
1) Analyzing the project risk & identification of the project requirements
2) Development of documentation to design the overall testing scenarios, and describing the test data requirements to achieve the desired test coverage.
3) Working with other automation resources to determine which areas are suitable for automation and which areas are not.
4) Writing, maintaining and manually executing the tests for the areas which are not suitable for automation.
5) Running the automated scripts generated by other team members. This helps him in gaining experience in automation tools, which will boost his career growth within the organization.
Desired Skills: Good in testing and documentation.