The efficiency and effectiveness benefits that come from the use of a test execution tool take a long time to come to fruition. First, the selection and implementation process needs to be planned and conducted effectively.
The long-term benefits of test execution tools include:
1) Cost savings as a result of the time saved by running automated tests rather than manual tests.
2) Accuracy benefits from avoiding manual errors in execution and comparison.
3) The ability and flexibility to use skilled testers on more useful and interesting tasks (than running repetitive manual tests).
4) The speed with which the results of the regression pack can be obtained.
5) Note that benefits come primarily from running the same or very similar tests a number of times on a stable platform. Therefore they are generally most useful for regression testing.