1) Recordable test object methods: These are operations that a user can perform on an application.
2) Non-recordable test object methods: These are operations that users cannot perform on an application. We use these methods to retrieve or set information, or to perform operations triggered by an event.
3) Run-time methods of the object being tested.
4) Various VBScript programming commands that affect the way the test runs, such as conditions and loops. These are often used to control the logical flow of a test.
5) Supplemental statements, such as comments, to make our test easier to read, and messages that appear in the test results, to alert us to a specified condition.