1) Adding or learning different type of objects from the application.
2) Creation of new objects if they are present in the application under test. We can review the values & properties of such new objects as & when desired.
3) It is of prime importance that all objects in the object repository have easily identifiable & unique names designated by following recognized object naming conventions. This will help the automation engineers to easily recognize these objects without any ambiguity.
4) If desired various objects can be moved or copied from one object repository to another.
5) Application test engineers can merge various objects added to the local repositories with the shared object repositories belonging to the automation infrastructure. If need be two or more already available repositories can also be merged together.