Questions Constantly being probed by Testing Managers during SDLC
Software Testing is a specialization. Fact is that there are more specializations within testing itself. Managers of major organizations are constantly striving to make their software testing efforts increasingly effective day by day.
With this view managers or testers are constantly probing the answers to the following questions during every stage of the SDLC. But getting an outright answer to these questions is not easy & needs further efforts on the project�s testing initiatives.
1) What should be the detailed testing tasks for this stage in SDLC?
2) How many persons will I need for the testing, and what skill they should have?
3) What should be the detailed testing schedule and testing budget, what should be its relation with the deliverables?
4) What would be alternate expenses, in case testing efforts are omitted or they are found ineffective?
What are the precise percentage of defects being detected by the testing and at what time?
6) Is my testing effort a cost effective or not?
7) What is the average quality of my software documentation, in terms of defects per page?
8) How many testing requirements are present in a particular subsystem?
9) How many test procedures are ready for their execution?
10) Is my testing effectiveness static, or it is improving, or it is doing down?
11) How many known, but unsolved defects still existing in my high-risk requirements?
12) How many developers will I need for repairing new defects likely to be found during the next month?
13) What are the ten most common major defects, which are injected into the product by my team members?
14) Whether the number of introduction of most common defect types have come down during last two months?
15) How many security requirements do I have, as compared to the usability requirements?
16) What is the cost-effectiveness of my unit testing when compared to my code inspections?
17) When will the build be ready for its release?
18) What quality will the build be at the time of release?