face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Role of Software Testers in Software Development:
1) Software Development and Acquisition Process: Process Knowledge – Knowledge on Software Development, Operation, and Maintenance Process, Tools, Project Management, Test Documentation and Roles & Responsibilities.
2) Test Approaches: Structural Test Approaches & Functional Test Approaches.
3) "V" Testing Concept
4) Quality Attributes.
1) Test Management: Test Objectives, Test Competency, Test Performance, Test Technology, Staffing & Management of Staff.
2) Giving Information: Audience Evaluation, Effective Presentation, Written Correspondence and Oral Delivery.
3) Receiving Information: Effective Listening, Interviewing & Analyzing.
4) Personal Effectiveness: Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Influence and Motivation, Judgment, Facilitation.
5) Professional Education & Training: Identification of Training Needs & Behavior Change Techniques.
6) Leadership: Meeting Chairing, Facilitation, Team Building & Process Definition.
7) Recognition, Networking & Code of Ethics.
Building the Test Environment:
1) Test Standards: External Standard & Internal Standards.
2) Test Environment Components: Test Process Engineering, Tool Development and Acquisition, Acquisition or Development of a Test Bed / Test Lab / Test Environment.
3) Test Tools: Tool Competency, Tool Selection (from acquired tools).
4) Quality Assurance / Quality Control: Quality Assurance versus Quality Control, Process Analysis and Understanding.
5) Building of Test Environment Work Processes: Concepts of work processes, Building a Test Work Process, Test Quality Control, Analysis of the Test Process & Continuous Improvement.
6) Adapting the Test Environment to Different Technologies
1) Risk Identification: Software Risks, Testing Risks, Premature Release Risk, Business Risks & Risk Methods.
2) Managing Risks: Risk Magnitude, Risk Reduction Methods & Contingency Planning.
Test Planning Process:
1) Pre-Planning Activities: Success Criteria / Acceptance Criteria, Test Objectives, Assumptions & Entrance Criteria / Exit Criteria.
2) Test Planning: Test Plan, Requirements / Traceability, Estimating, Scheduling, Staffing, Approach & Test Check Procedures (i.e., test quality control).
3) Post-Planning Activities: Change Management, Versioning (change control / change management / configuration management).
1) Design Preparation: Test Bed / Test Lab & Test Coverage.
2) Design Execution: Specifications, Cases, Scripts & Data.
1) Execute Tests
2) Compare Actual versus Expected Results
3) Test Log
4) Record Discrepancies
Defect Tracking and Correction:
1) Defect Tracking: Defect Recording, Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking.
2) Testing Defect Correction: Validation, Regression Testing & Verification.
1) Concepts of Acceptance Testing
2) Roles and Responsibilities
3) Acceptance Test Process
Status of Testing:
1) Test Completion Criteria: Code Coverage, Requirement Coverage.
2) Test Metrics: Metrics Unique to Test, Complexity Measurements, Size Measurements, Defect Measurements & Product Measures.
3) Management by Fact
1) Reporting Tools
2) Test Report Standards
3) Statistical Analysis