Non Functionality Testing
to “Software Testing Genius”.
Subscribe to my
RSS feed for
latest content on Software
Download Link for your Favorite Presentation is at the End of this Page Such tests are aimed to verify the non-functionality factors related to the customer expectations. Following testing techniques are employed to validate the various non-functionality factors.
Non Functional Testing
Aim of Non Functional Testing:
1) Usability Test or User interface Testing:
To verify the user friendliness of the application is known as Usability Test, which is aimed to verify the following factors.
a) Adequacy of look and feel factors like back ground color, font size, spelling mistakes etc..
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">b) Adequacy of alignment of various controls.
c) Ease of Navigation.
d) Meaning fullness of the Help document.
2) Performance Testing: To verify the speed of the process for completing a transaction. Following performance testing techniques are employed here.
a) Load Testing or Scalability Testing: To verify that the application supports the customer expected load or not across the desired number of configured systems.
b) Stress Testing: Is aimed at estimating the peak limit of the load the application can handle. For such load testing & stress testing, automation tools like load runner etc. are deployed
c) Data volume testing: To verify the maximum storage capacity in the application database.
3) Security Testing: To verify the privacy to the user operations. During security testing, major focus is laid on the following two factors.
a) Authorization: To verify as to whether the application is permitting the valid users & at the same time it should be preventing the invalid users.
b) Access Control: To verify as to whether the application is providing the right services to the valid users or not.
4) Recovery Testing or Reliability Testing:To verify as to whether the application is able to return back to its normal state or not after the occurrence of some abnormal behavior with the help of the available recovery procedures. It involves estimation of the recovery time as well.
5) Compatibility Testing or Portability Testing: To verify as to whether the application supports the customer expected operating systems, network environment, browsers etc. etc. In compatibility testing following two techniques are deployed.
a) Forward compatibility Testing: Is aimed to verify as to whether the application supports the future versions of operating systems or not.
b) Backward compatibility Testing: Is aimed to verify as to whether the application supports the older / previous versions of the operating systems or not.
6) Configuration Testing: To verify that the application supports different technology hardware devices or not. e.g. The application is to be checked for printers based upon various technologies.
7) End to End Testing: To verify as to how well the new software coexists with already existing software sharing common resources. This approach involves execution of all transaction right from the login session to the logout session.
8) Installation Testing: This test is aimed to verify the following factors.
a) Availability of the License.
b) Whether all setup programs are working properly or not.
c) Availability of the required memory space.
9) Sanitation Testing: This test is aimed to find out the presence of extra features in the application, although not specified in the client requirements.
10) Comparative Testing or Parallel Testing: This test is aimed to understand the strengths & weaknesses of the application viz. A viz. similar product from the competitors of the market.
Many More Articles in Startup Kit for Software Testing
Largest Database of Sample Papers - 1000+ Unique Questions for ISTQB Foundation Exam
ISTQB Foundation Exam - Full Crash Course for Download
ISTQB Advanced CTAL Test Analysts Exam - Full Crash Course for Download
ISTQB Advanced CTAL Test Manager Exam - Full Crash Course for Download
Consolidated Study Material - All ISTQB Certification Exams
What Successful Testers say about the Quality of this website
If you want to keep track of further articles on Software Testing, .
I suggest you to subscribe my RSS feed
You can also Subscribe by E-mail and get All New articles delivered directly to your Inbox.
Quick Navigation of Software Testing Genius
Get your Absolutely Free Copy of Several MS PowerPoint Presentations & E-Books related to ISTQB, HP Load Runner, IBM RFT, HP QTP & QC Certification Exams, prepared by Popular Writers & Trainers, by writing to: Software.email@example.com
Study Material for Certification Exams on Other Automation Tools:
Download Full Study Material - HP QTP & QC Certification Exams
Practical Roadmap to QTP Certification
Rehearsal of QTP in 1 Hr. - Interview Questions
Study Material - HP LoadRunner Certification Exams for All Modules
Rehearsal of LoadRunner in 1 Hr. - Interview Questions
Study Material - IBM RFT Certification Exam
Study Material to prepare for Manual Testing & QA:
Practical Roadmap to CSTE Certification
Consolidated Study Material - Testing & QA
DownLoad Link for Presentation:
Building Scripts for LoadRunner (887 Kb)