fame of the testing tool selected by you.
Ten Steps for Test Automation Framework Methodology:
1) Identification of the Scope of Testing: Company oriented, Product oriented, Project Oriented.
2) Identification of the Needs of Testing: Identify Types of testing e.g. FT, Web Services etc. and application / modules to be tested.
3) Identification of the Requirements of Testing: Find out the nature of requirements, identify type of actions for each requirement & identify high priority requirements.
4) Evaluation of the Test Automation Tool: Evaluation checklist, Identify the candidate tools available in the market, Sample run, rate & select the tools, Implementation & Training
5) Identification of the Actions to be automated: Actions, Validations & requirements supported by the Tool
6) Design of the Test Automation Framework: Framework guidelines, validations, Actions Involved, Systems involved, Tool Extensibility Support, Customs messages & UML Documentation.
7) Design of the Input Data Bank: Types of Input file. Input files – Categorization & Design of file prototypes.
8) Development of the Automation Framework: Development of script based upon framework design, Driver scripts, Worker Scripts, Record / Playback, Screen / Window / Transaction, Action / Keyword & Data Driven.
9) Population of Input Data Bank: Different Types of data Input, Populate data from different data sources, Manual input of data and Parent – Child data hierarchy.
10) Configuration of the Schedulers: Identify scheduler requirements & configure the schedulers.
Benefits of Test Automation Framework Approach:
1) Test Automation Framework built with systematic approach yields following benefits:
2) Significant reduction in testing cycle time.
3) Comprehensive coverage against requirements.
4) Use of a "Common Standard" across the organization / Product team / Project team
5) Generation of reusable test scripts ( Utility Functions)
6) Systematic maintenance of automation scripts
7) Data Pooling
Many More Articles on Test Automation